Friday 20 July 2012

If tears were money I would be so rich.

I didn't mean to leave it so long since my last post, how time flies when you are NOT having fun.
I have come here many times in the last few weeks only to start writing and then delete the little bit I have written because I can not see what I am writing through my tears, the tears that keep rolling down my face and clouding my eyes.
It was the day before my Birthday, my hubby had an appointment at the hospital to see when he may have his surgery for his other problem. So on 31st May we drove down to the hospital it was going to be a quick appointment no more than an hour, so I dropped my hubby off and went for a coffee and wait for his call. It was quick I just sat down with my coffee and my muffin and he rang. I told him he would have to wait till I ate, that was fine. My hubby waited in the reception area of the hospital. I was as quick as I could be and collected my hubby from the hospital. We get in the car and he tells me "well that was a waste of time, I am going to have surgery sometime they will get back to me", because he is not having chemo any more it will be sooner rather than later was the information he was given. Sometime in the next month or two we will get back to you they said. We are no wiser we still haven't heard anything from the hospital.
Plodding along for a week after the appointment and also celebrating my 55th birthday on 1st June( I had a great birthday by the way), it was 7th June when cetrelink rang and told my husband he would no longer get any payments from them he got a whole two payments why you might ask, he did, the reason he was getting money from his insurance part of super a total of $2,000 a month less tax of $420 our only income apart from what centrelink paid him apparently too much money even though they told him (us) I was there at the time, that he would get paid for three months no matter what.  They also told us to rip up our health care cards we were no longer entitled to them.
You can see why I have been crying, when my husband got off the phone he was stunned to say the least. For two days we were worried and the tears kept flowing then after we ripped up our health care cards new ones came in the mail. About a week after that I got a letter from centrelink telling me they may pay me something to help us, this time I was stunned a few days later reams of paperwork arrived all the same questions and the same answers over and over again. I sent it all away and they told me I could get a payment while they were waiting for an answer to my request for a carers payment once again, they have decided to put me on new start payments at 55 years of age, and haven't had a paid job for 25 years  
new start is the payment they give you while you are looking for work. Remember my hubby is still sick I don't have to look for work while they process my claim once again for a carers payment. After they said they would pay me I got a rejection letter in the mail dated fifth of July but I did not get it until the tenth of July. Reason being I had not returned signed paperwork that they had sent me on the fourth of July by the fifth of July that I only got on the sixth of July which is the date I sent it back to them, please tell me how I can time travel back in time. I called them as soon as I opened the letter and was told to come in first thing the next day ad they would see what they could do. After many tears and problems they helped me, come back on Friday and fill in some more papers and we will pay you about $380 every two weeks I am so rich, well at least I am getting something. I would be so rich if tears were money, because over the last few weeks I could have filled a bucket with them. Paperwork arrived today for an appointment that I had yesterday with centrelink but I told them I did not get paperwork so I filled some in at my appointment yesterday. Some more money will be in my bank again tomorrow.
I have to take my hubby to the hospital for his six week appointment to get his thing in his chest from his chemo flushed out this has to happen for the rest of his life every six weeks or so. I also have to go and pay some bills a bit off all of them I can not pay any in full. I hope to be able to stop crying soon or maybe I'll be swept away in a flood of tears.
I hope to write sooner next time.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Janet. I hope things look up for you and your husband soon. You sound like a very strong woman. Take care of you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrible time you are having, with extra stressors you don't need. Hope things improve for you and hub very soon. x

    ReplyDelete