Saturday 2 June 2012

Sunday Selections- Fruity Edition

Today I am having some fun and linking up with Kim from Frogpondsrock for Sunday Selections and sharing some photos from my camera which would otherwise never be seen.  I've gone with a theme today, a theme of fruit.

~~~

Our neighbours have a mandarin tree in their back yard but they do not eat them they say they are too sweet and they won't eat them, last year they put bags of them into the rubbish each week.  They were new to our area and did not want to ask if we would like them.  This year they asked us if we ate them and yes they are one of our favourite fruits yum.  We have had several bags of fruit from the one tree so far this season.





Lots of lovely fruit on one small tree.  These photos above were taken after we have picked three large bags full.

This is just one bag of fruit you can see they are fresh from the tree see they still have leaves on them,this can be seen in the photos below.



I already had other fruit in my fruit bowl,so when I added the mandarins my bowl was overflowing! Just as well I have a large bowl! 




The only thing left to do is eat some.





Thank you to our neighbours for growing some lovely sweet fruit yum! yum! yum!

8 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to grow a mandarin tree. Apparently it is possible to grow them in Tassie in the more sheltered, warmer areas. I don't live in a warm sheltered area so I will just rejoice in your luck to have alovely tree next door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Gorgeous pics! Our neighbours have a tree too... and they also throw them out!! :O
    Thankfully, most of the tree overhangs our side of the fence and we can grab a heap. Too bad her teens refuse to pick them for us from the other side though! :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you could send some to me, Mum! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. gotta love neighbours who share :-)
    these mandarins look perfect
    i can smell their citrus tang from here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to have such neighbours. I love mandarins and so do my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh....so nice to be able to pick these YUMMY fruits from your neighbor's!! at least they get eaten...and don't just fall to the ground and rot. what a waste that would be. they look delicious!!
    now i'm craving some citrus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am eating one now I will have a bite for you, I hope you enjoy it :-)

      Delete
  7. Love mandarins, I can't believe they are throwing them out, such a waste!!

    ReplyDelete