Tuesday 13 March 2012

It all comes in the mail, the bills the letters and more.

Three days in a row, I got mail.  Rejected, declined, and rejected again.  I felt like a piece of furniture no body wants, only this time it was the government not wanting to help me.  Carers allowance rejected, emergency help to cover our electrical bill request declined, carers payment rejected. 
Each time I opened my mail with hope, and then tears ran down my face. 
My Mum would always say the word 'no' won't kill you, but my God, it can hurt, especially when you are hoping for a yes. 
So no payments means no bills paid on time no food except the very basics and what we grow, we are using up everything in the cupboard and it is getting space. s I used to have spares of everything.  Not anymore.  I only replace things that are really needed. 
I am starting to dread going to the letter box to check for mail.  I also get the bank statements telling me how much I don't have in the bank, and yes more bills keep coming.  Everyone gets bills, but somehow they seem to be more.  I just get one paid off and then the same bill for the next month arrives and it starts over.
I was told I would have no problems getting the help for the electric payment, so I was relieved something I didn't have to worry about, but it was disallowed.  We did not qualify.  My hubby did not get his disability pension, and not being able to make ends meet or pay all our bills on time without payment plans apparently isn't having a hard time.  As I said earlier carers payment and carers allowance rejected.  It gets harder every day to be positive that everything will be ok. 
A glimmer of hope I rang Centrelink today to find out about our health care cards and while I was on the phone, the lovely lady I was talking to told me she couldn't understand why I was rejected for carers payments, when she checked the computer she found out I had the right number of points but the doctor's report let us down.  The information he put on the forms did not take into consideration that my husband is getting worse with every treatment.  When the doctor filled out the forms my husband had just started his chemo treatment.  It was suggested that we lodge medical forms again filled out by another doctor, one at the hospital was suggested they see him all the time and understand more of what he is going through. 
Husband's energy level is getting lower and he no longer goes for his nightly walk, after every treatment he gets, another side effect pops its head out, so to speak.  When we send in the new doctors report this time I should qualify for the payment a bit of good news so fingers crossed. 
Our health care cards are coming this week and that will help us a lot we will save money on doctors accounts and medications.  Apparently our paperwork should have been marked priority, so on an oversight by the person who gave us the papers, we were put in the queue with all the other people and not given the priority our case deserved.  While I was on the phone our file was pulled and processed straight away.  Yippee! 
So now I should like going to the letter box. 
When you are waiting on good mail to come it makes life a little better, I still leak from the eyes a lot ever day but I am trying not to get too swept away.

No comments:

Post a Comment