Sunday 19 February 2012

Washing Everywhere!

Most weekends I do the washing I have to wash my husbands clothing and linen separately from all the other washing. This weekend was no different I had two loads of linen and one load of clothing not my husbands things they get washed separately and twice because of his chemo, altogether five loads and two of them twice all was going well.  I had a load of linen washing away I was singing along with some of my favourite songs and doing some of my puzzles.  Swosh, swosh the machine was doing its thing then silence, it was supposed to be emptying not sitting there doing nothing so over to the machine I went turn the dial hit the machine and yell at it "work you stupid thing I have lots of washing to do" kick the machine turn the dial to a different empty cycle still nothing kick it once more just in case no good.  Thinking, thinking well I have washing in the machine so I will hand ring and empty by bailing then rinse by washing with clean water hand ring and hang dripping more than usual on the line. 
My husband tries to help by pulling everything apart and trying to find the problem he found the problem: it won't empty or spin.
I told him that before he started.
Tomorrow I will go to the laundromat and wash all but my husbands things. I ran out of time to cook the nice meal I had planned and I was too upset to go then. A very unhappy me goes upstairs defeated by a washing machine.  Today, the day after I got beaten by an old second hand washing machine that had worked well until it stopped, not worth fixing for the price we paid, sitting at the table while having breakfast I just started leaking tears just ran down my face all my weekend plans were stuffed by a machine instead of doing the things I had planned.  I had to go out to do the washing, I had to get dressed to do the washing, so I gathered the washing,detergent, fabric softener, and a plastic bag of coins, not knowing what I needed to do the washing.  I decided to leave the linen at home in case it was too expensive.  There were 2 loads of clothes to do at only $2.20 a load not bad I will be going back tomorrow with the rest of the washing.
I am now on a hunt for a new pre-loved machine at a low price I can afford.  I like top loaders with a large capacity the one that died was a 7.5 kilogram machine, and I liked it very much I hope when I find my new machine I will like it just as much but until I get it I will be taking the washing on outings to the Laundromat and bringing it home with me to hang out to dry.
Help universe!  I need a washing machine of my own one I can afford that suits my needs so I can stay home with my music and puzzle books and my comfy house dresses!  I don't like getting dressed to do the washing in public.  I don't know about you but I like to be comfortable when I do the washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment